SHUT IN is a short comedy/horror adventure game which explores depression and isolation by trapping you inside your own house.
Your task is simple: Get out of bed, go outside, and get some Fresh Air.
Think you can handle that?
Oh, but it might not be quite that simple. Your house isn't looking quite like it used to. You don't recognise any of these photos, everything's gotten dirty and disgusting, cracks seem to be opening up everywhere, and you're SURE everything didn't used to be so... constantly trying to kill you.
Maybe it's not worth it. Maybe go back to bed. Try again tomorrow.
If you do decide to keep going, you'll have to face strange puzzles, bizarre and uncomfortable obstacles, and a narrator who is unreliable at best, and downright insulting at worst. You'll have to get through your day under a constant barrage of judgment, sarcasm, and melancholy. If you can cope with that. Idiot.
SHUT IN is about tension and discomfort in a familiar environment. Your greatest tools are also your worst enemies. Common sense will keep you alive, but it might not get you very far. Curiosity can have great rewards, but will probably just get you killed.
But don't worry. When you (inevitably) die - because you fell down the stairs, were too stupid to operate an oven properly, got ripped apart by untold invisible horror, something like that - you can always just give up. Try again tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next day.
- Over a dozen unique ways to die!
- Probably a way to survive!
- Original atmospheric horror soundtrack by composer Luc Wilkinson.
- Everything else done by person/mess Cael O'Sullivan.
- A dangerous house full of original puzzles, and loads of ways to get them wrong!
- A hint system which isn't that helpful, and often insults you!
- Multiple items to experiment with, each with tons of unique interactions that solve no puzzles and achieve nothing.
- Option to just stay in bed forever!
- Quite short, so it's over quicker!
- Writing up these features is exhausting...
- Try again tomorrow.
- Op. rendszer: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit)
- Processzor: Intel Core2 Duo or better
- Memória: 2 GB RAM
- Grafika: DirectX 9/OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU or better, PixelShader v3.0
- DirectX: Verzió: 9.0c
- Tárhely: 500 MB szabad hely
- Op. rendszer: Windows 8.1/10 (32bit/64bit)
- Processzor: Dual-Core 2.0GHz or better
- Memória: 4 GB RAM
- Grafika: OpenGL ES 2.0 hardware driver support (AMD Catalyst 10.9+, nVidia 358.50+), PixelShader v4.0
- DirectX: Verzió: 10
- Tárhely: 1 GB szabad hely